DSL End-User Policy
A Qwest (US West), or Verizon (GTE) DSL End-User Account must meet the following criteria:
- The DSL Account can NOT be a Telco Business DSL account (i.e.: MegaBusiness,
MegaOffice, DSL Gold, DSL Platinum, DSL Platinum Plus)
- The DSL service can NOT be delivered to any retail, wholesale, office or other
commercial place of business
- The DSL service should not make use of multiple "routable" IP numbers.
("Private" AKA RFC1918 addresses are permissible)
- The DSL service is subject to our maximum bandwidth restriction or no more than a
burst of 900 Megabytes of data transferred in any single continuous transfer.
- The DSL account holder may not operate a Web server or other server
(FTP, eMail . . .) on the DSL
circuit that is regularly offering services or goods for sale.
- The account holder may not use their own or a third party DNS server to set up a
domain pointing to the static IP number we assign. (the DSL account holder must have
Internet Partners setup DNS services for a domain)
- The DSL account can not be used to host any server, private or public, that generates
significant network activity. (i.e.: archive mirror sites)
- Internet service obtained from this kind of account may NOT be resold.
- IP Numbering may be dynamically obtained from our DHCP server, we reserve the right
to renumber at any time, we are not responsible for any costs incurred as a result of a
renumber, or as a result of you statically assigning an IP number on the service.
DSL accounts not meeting the above restrictions are eligible for pricing under our
business services. Please contact our sales department for pricing.
General DSL Account Restrictions
Internet Partners DSL use on any account is subject to the same general policy restrictions that all other usage of our service is subject
No DSL account holder may operate a
webserver or other kind of server on a DSL account that offers large numbers of
image files, mp3, other sound format files, or other high-megabyte-sized files for
download. (ie: file-sharing programs) A customer may request a personal website
from Internet Partners for this purpose, and/or link to it from a DSL website if
desired. Customer must comply with all legislation, regulations, case law, and
ordinances that regulate the transmission of information content over the
©2000-2003 Internet Partners, Inc.
1800 NW 167th Place Suite 160 - Beaverton, Oregon 97006-8132
+1 503 690 2700 +1 360 885 9563